Care for your children
Make sure your children get the medical care they need to prevent and find out about childhood diseases and illnesses early. AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware Medicaid members under 21 years old will receive Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment (EPSDT) services.
Not all services are available for all member types.
To keep healthy, young members need to visit with their primary care provider (PCP). These visits are called well-child visits. Well-child visits are important at every age. They are not the same as visits to the PCP when children are sick.
At a well-child visit, the PCP will examine your child. What the PCP does during the exam depends on your child’s age. The PCP will:
- Ask questions about health topics, like:
- Your child’s general health.
- Your child’s diet.
- Your child’s mental health.
- How your child acts with other kids of the same age.
- Order tests.
- Check your child’s growth based on their age.
You will not be charged for a well-child visit.
If you have questions or want to find out more about this program, call AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware Member Services, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, at:
- Diamond State Health Plan: 1-844-211-0966 (TTY 1-855-349-6281).
- Diamond State Health Plan-Plus: 1-855-777-6617 (TTY 1-855-362-5769).
My "To Do" list:
- Make an appointment for my baby’s first doctor visit.
- Have my child see the PCP for the child’s shots and screenings.
- Make sure my teenager sees the PCP every year.
- Make sure the whole family sees the dentist every six months.
- Have my child’s eyes checked.
- Get my checkup so I can stay healthy for my children.