Submitting Claims Electronically
Use Change Healthcare WebConnect for direct data entry for claims.
AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware’s electronic data interchange (EDI) Payer ID Number is 77799.
Easy, quick, reliable claims solutions
AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware partners with Change Healthcare (formerly Emdeon) — the largest electronic data interchange (EDI) clearinghouse in the country — to offer state-of-the-art EDI services to our providers. EDI helps ensure:
- Efficient claims submission.
- Accurate and timely reimbursement.
- Earlier detection of claim errors.
- Faster claim and billing reconciliation.
- Reduction of paper workload for your organization.
- Lower administrative, postage and handling costs.
To initiate electronic claims:
Contact your EDI software vendor or Change Healthcare at 1-877-363-3666 to inform them you wish to initiate electronic claim submissions to AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware. Or visit Change Healthcare's website for information on contracting. AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware does not require you to enroll with Change Healthcare to submit EDI claims.
- Inform your vendor of the AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware EDI payer ID: 77799.
- As long as you can send EDI claims to Change Healthcare, through direct submission or via another clearinghouse or vendor, you may submit claims electronically. Electronic claim submissions to AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware will follow the same process as other electronic commercial submissions.
Providers interested in sending claims electronically may contact the EDI Technical Support at 1-866-935-6686 to arrange transmission and for assistance in beginning electronic submissions.
Additional EDI services
Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
If you do not have an EFT clearinghouse, you may enroll through our EFT partner, Change Healthcare, by calling 1-877-363-3666.
New to Change Healthcare EFT?
Enroll now to initiate the enrollment process.
Existing Change Healthcare EFT user?
Complete and submit the EFT payer add/change/delete authorization form.
Electronic remittance advice (ERA) or 835 transmissions
For more information or to sign up to receive electronic remittance advice transmissions, check with your practice management or hospital information system vendor to confirm that you can process ERA or 835 files. Your vendor should be able to provide instructions on how to receive ERAs for AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware.
Many systems use this file to generate reports and auto-post payments. Your software vendor is responsible for facilitating ERA transmissions with Change Healthcare.
If your vendor does not have the ability to process ERA transmission, call Change Healthcare's customer service at 1-877-363-3666 and follow the appropriate prompts for alternative ERA options.