If you have been meaning to get your GED, AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware can help.
Join Mission GED now
Joining is easy:
- Download and fill out the Mission GED member application (PDF). If you would like an application mailed to your home, call 1-844-623-7090 (Diamond State Health Plan [DSHP] TTY 1-855-349-6281 or DSHP-Plus TTY 1-855-362-5769).
- Complete the application and mail it back to the address on the form.
- After you mail back your completed application, one of our program coaches will contact you. They will help you sign up for your GED test and connect with other resources in your area.
Why is getting a GED important?
Research shows that furthering your education can help you1:
- Find a better job.
- Earn more money.
- Improve your health.
Am I eligible?
To enroll in Mission GED, you must:
- Be a current member of AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware.
- Be 18 years old or older.
- Not have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Not be currently enrolled in high school or college.
What is Mission GED?
Mission GED is a special program that can help you reach your goal of earning your GED. This extra benefit is just for AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware members.
Mission GED can help you with:
- Testing expenses.* Testing fees can be pricey. But when you enroll in Mission GED, AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware will provide you with testing vouchers so you can take your pre-GED test and GED test at no cost to you!
- Coaching. Once you enroll in GED classes, a program coach will work with you every step of the way. Your GED coach will stay in touch to support and encourage you along your GED journey.
- Internship opportunities. Hard work should be rewarded. Up to two qualifying members per year who graduate from the Mission GED program will receive paid internships with AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware. These internships can help you gain firsthand knowledge and on-the-job training.
For more information, call the Rapid Response and Outreach Team at 1-844-623-7090 (DSHP TTY 1-855-349-6281 or DSHP-Plus TTY 1-855-362-5769).
* AmeriHealth Caritas Delaware will only cover costs for your pre-GED and GED test. All other costs, such as GED program fees, are the member’s responsibility.
1 "Population Health: Behavioral and Social Science Insights." Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Accessed January 8, 2018. www.ahrq.gov/professionals/education/curriculum-tools/population-health/index.html.